My Sheep Will Know My Voice
My Sheep Will Know My Voice, Do You Know God’s Voice?
Sometimes, we do get confused about the issues of life. Unfortunately, we seek for answers in the wrong places. God is speaking to us every time, but it takes His sheep to hear and understand God’s voice. No matter how much you try to listen, you can only hear your Heavenly Father’s voice when you are His child.
“27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
Are you a child of God? I am not talking about going to church… it is part of it but not the main reason to assume sonship. Do you have a personal relationship with your Father? How often do you seek His face? Do you only communicate with Him whenever you are in need?
Friend, it is easy for us to claim we are God’s children, but the fact is, we don’t do what Our Father wants from us Malachi 1:6 “A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master. If then I be a father, where is my honor? And if I be a master, where is the fear of Me? Saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, who despise My name. And ye say, ‘Wherein have we despised Thy name?’’
Why we don’t hear from God
Isaiah 59 explains it all to us 59
“1 Behold, the Lord’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear.
2 But your iniquities have separated you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear.
3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
4 None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth; they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity.”
If you read further, you will see everything that went wrong. It is not God’s fault that we do not hear His voice, we are His children and the sheep of His pasture (Psalms 100:3). Until we connect back to our source (God), we won’t hear from Him.
How do we hear God’s voice?
• You have to be His child, his sheep John 10:27. Are you born again? The only way you can be His son or daughter is if you are born again.
• Have a genuine thirst for His word Matthew 5:6 “ Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.”
• Be teachable – be ready to learn from God, until you are humble you will not hear from Him Psalms 25:9 9 “The meek will He guide in judgment, and the meek will He teach His way.”
• Get acquainted with the Word of God-Create time for the Word of God, God directs us through His word 2Timothy 2:15
• Ask the help of the Holy Spirit- the Holy Spirit is our teacher, He is ready to teach us God’s word Psalms 119:18 “Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law.”
ENCOURAGE YOURSELF: Don’t approach the word of God as a textbook or a novel. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the secrets of God’s word. Matthew 7:7 go ahead and ask.